Vive Toilet Seat Riser with Handles
1. I ordered this for my father who uses a walker for mobility. Prior to its arrival, I found one at Home Depot for about $12 dollars less and installed it. Once I received the Elongated Toilet Seat Riser by Vive, I realized my error. The Vive seat is far superior in both form and function. The elongated seat has a longer anterior-to-posterior opening so that the user can adequately clean themselves while seated. This is very important for people with mobility issues.
The cheaper seat had a rather small opening, requiring the user to stand up to wipe following a bowel movement. The elongated seat also provides a larger opening for males, who stand up to urinate. The cheaper seat had approximately five inches of poly-carbonate surface to clear before the opening, which is difficult for males, and would have required constant wiping of dribbled urine.
The final feature I appreciated is that the installation of this riser allows the toilet lid to be closed. For all of these reasons, and because the Vive seat allows my father to age with dignity, this is the superior product. Thank you Vive! More at https://www.brandreviewly.com/best-padded-toilet-seat/.
2. Read a lot of reviews of other seats sliding, slipping, not mounted well at back, and then I came across this one and the reviews were great about how sturdy and stable it was. Now having installed it and had a week of use, I can confirm that this is a great riser. It has patches on the bottom that makes it pretty skid proof, the handles are sturdy and solid as she sits and rises.
It is a perfect height to take major strain off a damaged and painful knee. Installation was easy, it is very tight and well secured in the back. Haven’t had to clean under it yet though it has a lip and the inside is out from the rim a bit, so I don’t anticipate much getting between the riser and toilet. REALLY happy with the choice, and Vive has contacted us to make sure we are happy with the product, that’s always a good thing.
The only con of using this, and it is NOT the product, is my mom has really short legs and so she sits easily, but her legs kinda dangle. We solved that with a small step that she can pull to her feet. But she sits and rises so much more easily, and there is no strain now on her bad knee. This is everything we hoped for.
3. I love my Toilet Seat Riser by Vive. It was very easy to install and it makes things so much easier in the bathroom. I’m so glad that I found it on Amazon!
I highly recommend anyone who has difficulty rising from the toilet stool to purchase this Toilet Seat Riser by Vive!
It’s easy to install. Fits snuggley on the toilet stool (does NOT slip around).
I had my hip replaced several years ago and though it was the best thing I could have done for myself, I still needed more height to enable my to go from a sitting to standing position with ease.
If you have difficulty while using the rest room, try one of these Toilet Seat Risers for yourself. Here on Amazon, the price is very reasonable. More at https://www.brandreviewly.com/.
1. I bought this for my mom due to her hip issues (extra height). I also had to use it along with my child… Well, let’s just say it was on for two weeks and then thrown away.
People aren’t saying how difficult it is to wipe your bottom area, that you have to squat to do so or try and hover over it… And to clean it you have to remove both toilet seats just to clean it. And did I mention the bolts you have to use in order for it to stay, they were starting to rust Waste of money… I would have returned it but we used it
2. I would have given this 5 stars, but it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to put together in my entire life! When reading about the product, they made it sound like it was so simple. All you needed was one screwdriver. What was made to sound like a 10-minute project, took me 1.5 hours.
And I am pretty sharp at reading directions. The easiest way is to put everything together, with the commode lid and top off completely. Then attach the entire grouping, of the commode lid, commode seat, and armed piece back onto the commode. This was far, far more difficult than I ever realized it would be to assemble.
And since my husband has just had brain surgery, there was no way I could ask him for help. One of the reasons I ordered was because I thought it would be easy to put together. I was completely wrong about that! I hope it works out better as a commode side!!